Kim is a Registered Psychologist with the Nova Scotia Board of Examiners in Psychology (Registration # R0660). She is a member of the Canadian Psychological Association, the Association of Psychologists of Nova Scotia, and the Canadian Association of School Psychologists. Kim has a background in developmental psychology and school psychology. She completed her undergraduate degree (B.Sc. Honours) in Psychology at Acadia University in 1998 and her graduate degree (M.Ed. School Psychology) at the University of Manitoba in 2003. She has been working in private practice since 2004.
Kim is the principal psychologist and proprietor of Riverdale Centre Psychological Services.
Kim’s approach and methods include:
- Cognitive-behavioural therapies and Play therapies.
- Sometimes talking and sometimes not talking,
- Various other things with the goal of building a relationship with her clients to encourage growth and well-being.
Kim is committed to promoting a collaborative approach with the best interests of her clients at the forefront. Her areas of practice include:
- Formal assessment of cognitive functioning, attention, behaviour, learning needs and other related issues for school-aged children, adolescents and adults.
- Emotional and behavioural problems
- Anger management
- Adjustment to life changes such as divorce and separation
- Blended families
- Parenting support to partner with parents to help them better understand and help their children
- Attention, impulsivity and hyperactivity difficulties
- Social skills
- Consultation with parents and teachers and the education and professional development of educators, parents and interested individuals as an advocate for children.
Kim grew up in the Valley area and has returned to reside in Kentville with her husband and son. She is involved in various community organizations. She enjoys board games, geocaching, cooking, and spending time with friends and family. Within her work and outside it she is committed to supporting families and programs to benefit children locally and abroad.